Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Photo That Started It All

Hi!  To kick off the first post of my new blog, I decided to take a look back at what I consider the most important photo I've ever taken.  This photo was taken back on New Year's Day in 2007 after a nasty winter storm that covered the entire state in a sheet of ice.  I took the photo with my trusty little Fujifilm FinePix A340 in a field behind our house.  The photo elicited quite a response from the people who saw it, and gave me the positive reenforcement to continue with photography as a hobby.  It was also the first time I had ever thought creatively about photography.  Before this moment, I had never played with angles or tried to think outside the box before snapping a photo.  For all those reasons, I think of this picture as a milestone in my growth as a photographer.


Click the photo to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment